Manager - Assurance and Accounting
Working with DDL & Co.
Some fundamental values that we work to maintain: we encourage open doors, challenging each other, clarity in expectation and understanding perspectives, informal conversation, leaving room for life outside of work, and keeping a good sense of humour. Words aside, the best way to understand our culture is to experience it- talk with us, speak with our team members, or drop by for a (virtual) visit.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Assurance and Accounting for our team. Some key areas of responsibility for this role include:
- Managing a client base of small to mid-sized owner-operated businesses
- Leading and reviewing of financial statements (Notice to Reader, Review and Audit)
- Special consulting and advisory services as required by our clients
- Preparation and review of both corporate tax and personal tax returns
- File allocation and engagement project management
- Training and mentoring staff
- Operating as part of the Management team to bring ideas to the table, implement plans, and move us forward
Qualifications and Skills
- Current Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation
- Minimum of four (4) years public accounting experience
- Extensive background of knowledge working under ASPE and CAS
- Previous supervisory/managerial/leadership experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Caseware/Caseview, Taxprep, Simply Accounting and Quickbooks, as well as Microsoft 365. Any experience with iFirm is an asset.
We would love to hear from you- please reply to this ad and tell us a bit more about yourself.
DDL & Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for those who have a disability are available upon request to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fill out the form below.